Exelon Sr Tech Sales Mgr-DE in PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
To support our Energy Efficiency Sales efforts and assist in ECM identification and development strategies with the goal of increasing the quantity and speed, and improving the qualification of energy efficiency sales opportunities. This role will be key in supporting the early-stage quantification and qualification of energy efficiency project opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Collaborate with the Business Development Manager and cross functional teams to assess and qualify the technical and financial feasibility of each project engagement. Establish the technical direction, proposed scope and financial elements for each project engagement. Assess facilities and systems identifying infrastructure related improvements quantifying the corresponding energy, operational and financial benefits.
· Lead a cross-functional team(s) in the development of all required project deliverables from initial qualification through contract award. Identify and align the appropriate resources to develop the potential project scope, associated cost and savings models and all other project related deliverables.
· In collaboration with cross functional teams, establish the necessary at risk budget for all project engagements and associated deliverables throughout the sales cycle. Develop and proactively manage all established deliverable and project schedules ensuring completion timelines are achieved. Proactively manage resource allocation and associated at risk expenditure.
· Responsible for the development and accuracy of the financial project pro forma obtaining data inputs from other cross functional teams as required. Complete quality control reviews on all project deliverables and/or supporting work product. Throughout the sales cycle, coordinate across cross-functional teams to secure all required project approvals.
· Assume the role of technical subject matter expert throughout the sales process. Focus on expanding project scopes beyond traditional measures striving to integrate the Distributed Energy product suite and/or commodity supply into the final project scope.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or an equivalent technical degree
· Three (3) years or more of experience identifying and quantifying energy efficiency opportunities
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and related computer software
· Significant travel (30% or more)
· Ability to obtain all required security clearances.
· Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
· Professional Engineer (PE)
· LEED accredited professional; Certified Energy Auditor (CEA)
· Prior experience developing energy efficiency projects under Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC), HUD ESPC, Utility Energy Savings Contract, and/or GSA Schedule 84 Contract programs
· Two (2) years or more of experience in a Technical Sales role
· Collaborate with the Business Development Manager in the development and execution of a pursuit, engagement and capture strategy;
· Actively participate in the development, completion and submission of all project deliverables and submittals leading to contract award, including but not limited to ownership of Preliminary Assessments, Procurement Responses, Investment Grade Audits and Implementation Contracts;
· Establish and summarize the technical needs and engagement requirements of the customer identifying potential solutions;
· Maintain a detailed understanding of applicable enabling legislation and procurement policies related to energy conservation and sustainability projects;
· Coordinate all requests for customer information, facility access and site visits;
· Assume the role of technical expert clearly articulating how our proposed solution will address customer needs;
· Evaluate utility profiles and facility infrastructure to quantify the estimated magnitude and feasibility of a given pursuit;
· Perform initial facility and infrastructure assessments; identify potential Energy Conservation Measures while in turn quantifying the projected savings and investment;
· Actively identify and research existing as well as evolving energy conservation and distributed energy technologies for applicability and economic impact;
· Effectively engage cross functional teams to develop a project based responsibility matrix, required deliverables and associated timelines;
· Initiate the identification and internal qualification effort of potential strategic partners;
· As required, maintain the accuracy of all project opportunities within the CRM;
· Provide technical support for all Business Development Manager led customer presentations;
· Support Business Development Manager in the development of all qualification based / interest based responses (RFQ, LOI, NOO, etc);
· Lead all internal progress review meetings as required by project deliverables;
· Provide quality control review of all deliverables, ensure that adequate time is allowed for peer and manager’s review of the final deliverable prior to being printed and delivered to the client;
· Lead all internal project review meetings. Coordinate activities related to legal review of documentation and financing procurement;
· Upon contract award, finalize booking document package; ensure booking package compliance with required documents; circulate for required approvals;
· At Preliminary Assessment (PA) and IGA phases, coordinate with E&C and other business units for project support as needed, based on assessment of opportunities.
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Organization: Generation Constellation - Retail
Title: Sr Tech Sales Mgr-DE
Requisition ID: 212351