Exelon Senior Manager, Exelorate Growth in CHICAGO, Illinois
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Exelorate Growth is Exelon’s enterprise-wide program building startups within the company to fuel organic growth and customer-centric differentiation. Exelorate Growth is sponsored and governed by the Growth Board, comprising Exelon’s CEO, CFO, the CEOs of our business units and OpCos (including Exelon Utilities and GenCo), and the leaders of Strategy and Innovation. We are hiring a Senior Manager to play a key, visible role on the team and drive increased impact.
A newly created position, the Senior Manager will:
Lead and coach Exelorate Growth Founders and Opportunity Area teams as they seek to build startups within Exelon, involving activities including framing/landscaping market segments and customer needs; idea generation and facilitation; customer experimentation and problem validation; solution development; partnership exploration and execution; competitive intelligence gathering and positioning; solution sales and marketing; and executive-level presentations. Help teach, coach, and mentor the Founders as they develop the necessary skills and mindsets, including growth, risk, entrepreneurship, Lean Startup, and Design Thinking. Challenge the Founders to focus on customers, act quickly, decide with evidence, rigorously track metrics and assumptions, and derisk innovative solution concepts. Work closely with each Opportunity Area team’s Executive Sponsor to help drive progress for the startups and the competencies. Be accountable for and support the Founders’ and Executive Sponsors’ responsibility for annual revenue and portfolio health metrics.
Work with the full Exelorate Growth Operating System (OS) team to shape and improve the program, including annual goals, performance metrics/KPIs, training curriculum, and strategy development.
Lead the scouting and evaluation of Growth Avenues and the Opportunity Area landscape based on market trends and strategic priorities. Make recommendations on where and how we should staff teams to drive organic growth and increased customer relevance. Partner with Strategy and Innovation peers on these topics, including CTV and EU.
Present to the Exelorate Growth Board (EGB) and other Senior Leadership across the enterprise. Serve as an Ambassador across the company and participate actively in events like the Innovation Expo.
Participate in the overall leadership of the broader Corporate Strategy, Innovation and Sustainability (CSIS) organization. Create and maintain strategic relationships internally with OpCo and functional leadership and externally with key technology vendors, universities, start-ups, and venture capitalists that support this specific business segment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1 Lead and coach Exelorate Growth Founders and work closely with Executive Sponsors to drive customer problem validation, solution validation, and business model validation and launch startups into the Pilot/”Series A” stage.
2 Work with the Exelorate OS team to improve and help lead the overall program.
3 Present to leaders across the enterprise, serve as an ambassador, build critical internal relationships, and help navigate internal considerations.
4 Build an external network, increase knowledge of and intelligence about trends and technology, and shape where and how we staff teams based on insights.
• Self starter capable of acting with high degree of autonomy
• Stellar interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong project management and leadership skills
• Ability to navigate different levels of the organization, solicit feedback, and turn that into constructive next steps
• Entrepreneurial mindset and passion with the proven ability to drive ambitious change in a large corporation by collaborating with colleagues across different businesses
• High level of comfort navigating ambiguous and unregimented opportunities
• The ability to break down complex problems into hypotheses, develop clear plans for validation and testing of assumptions, and to tie results to insights and concept refinement
• Prior success leading teams through consumer experiments, including customer discovery, in-market testing, and product/market fit
• Demonstrated strategic vision, strategic planning, and customer engagement skills
• Strong quantitative skills, including financial modeling and the ability to oversee/develop models and outputs
• Knowledge of the evolving energy technology industry, including startups, tech trends • [Typically, 12 or more years of experience leading and managing multiple teams at the manager level or higher.]
• Graduate degree in Technology or related discipline or MBA.
• Experience starting a company or working for a startup
• Well-versed in Lean Startup methodology and design thinking
• Strong feedback from team members and/or mentees on coaching skills and approach • Experience mentoring founders and/or member on a start-up advisory board
• Budget Managed: Guidance and oversight of Founder/OA team budgets ($2MM - $3MM)
• Total Staff Managed: Dependent on exact position and present scope (10 to 20 FTEs/Virtual Teams)
• Impact of this position on company performance is high. This position ultimately can adversely or positively impact revenues and earnings per share.
• Typically reports to Senior Director or Vice President
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Job Corporate Development
Organization: BSC Corporate Strategy
Title: Senior Manager, Exelorate Growth
Other Locations: US-MD-BALTIMORE, US-PA-PHILADELPHIA, US-DC-WASHINGTON
Requisition ID: 215501