Exelon Senior Project Manager in BALTIMORE, Maryland
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated large scope projects to ensure that goals or objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Manages projects to contractual requirements utilizing appropriate resources. Primarily responsible for completing projects under or on-budget and on-schedule. Uses independent judgment, reviews design arrangements and sequence of operations of mechanical equipment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Represents project towards external parties such as investors, public authorities, grid operator and others
· Leads and collaborates with a team of specialists and actively participate in developing project standards
· Plans, directs and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals/objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
· Directs and manages one or more internal project teams; Takes responsibility for project controlling
· Develops and reviews project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scopes of work, standards and quotes from suppliers
· Manages all parties involved (internal and external) and ensure professional project management from system design to construction phase
· Supervises project implementation to assure cost, time, quality and execution guidelines according to schedule
· Bachelor of Science degree in a related discipline (e.g., electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, environmental engineering, construction management), and (5 - 7) years of related work experience in construction management or project management
· Demonstrated ability in managing projects: development, planning, installation and execution
· Experience in handling high stress situations where tact and cooperation are crucial to cost-effective operation
· Experience at preparing estimates and value engineering
· Experience in directing, supervising, training employees, assigning and directing work, conducting performance appraisals, disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving personnel problems
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle
· All candidates must have the ability to speak, read and write English
· Experience in permitting processes with local authorities
· Independently has overseen multi-million dollar projects
· Extensive work experience in management and completion of large scale projects
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Project Management
Organization: Generation Constellation - Retail
Title: Senior Project Manager
Requisition ID: 210721