Exelon Instrument Technician in BALTIMORE, Maryland
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Instrument Technician perform inspections, scheduled maintenance, trouble shooting and repairs to controls and monitoring equipment in the Central Utility Plant. Stand watch as a Stationary Engineer as required
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Works closely with others to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and company policies
· Completes, on-time, delivery of instrumentation maintenance services to ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, quality, safety, efficiency and equipment reliability are achieved
· Performs preventive and predictive maintenance on equipment as scheduled
· Performs troubleshooting, repair and minor field calibration of instrumentation and control devices
· Assists with electrical maintenance as needed
· Maintains favorable working relationship with peers in order to support positive employee morale, productivity and continued improvement
· High School or equivalent and 3 – 5 years of related experience or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
· Strong understanding of both instrumentation and electrical trades
· Strong working knowledge and experience with industrial and building automation systems (DDC and SCADA)
· Strong understanding of steam boiler and chiller plants and systems
· Preferred experience with Siemens Apogee and OPC applications
· Good understanding of related systems, equipment and processes
· Professional attitude and presentation while representing the company
· Mostly internal/contact relationships
· No budget accountability, impact on asset management, and organization revenue
· Works under supervision of Manager or Director
· Level of independence, decision-making authority or strategic planning accountability
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Organization: Generation Constellation - Retail
Title: Instrument Technician
Requisition ID: 210869